First-Ever Tweet By Jack Dorsey Sold For $2.9M - AutoTrading Strategies

Trading News

Read The Latest News & Analysis

First-Ever Tweet By Jack Dorsey Sold For $2.9M

First-Ever Tweet By Jack Dorsey Sold For $2.9M
Share on:

NFT craze is in full swing. Yesterday, the first-ever tweet by Jack Dorsey on Twitter sold as an NFT for 2.9 million dollars in the crypto auction.  

The tweet has been minted on the blockchain. The CEO and co-founder of Twitter, also the author of the tweet, plans to donate the money to charity.

The brief tweet was first published on the social media platform on March 21st, 2006. It is first ever by Jack and first ever on Twitter.

The buyer, Sina Estavi, is a Malaysian businessman. He is the CEO of a TRON based crypto project by the name of Bridge Oracle. Mr Estavi compared his purchase to buying the painting of Mona Lisa.

The tweet was sold as a Non-Fungible Token (NFT). NFTs act as a collector’s item. The ownership of an item is certified by the verifiable record on the blockchain. The buyers of NFTs usually pay the price in cryptocurrency.

Interesting For You: The Rise of NFTs in 2021

NFTs are rising in popularity in 2021. Multiple marketplaces are selling NFTs in online spaces. Digital artwork, Popular Basketball moments and other digital works signed by celebrities are some of the popular NFTs.

Sina Estavi bought tweet using Ethereum, the second most popular cryptocurrencies after bitcoin. Jack Dorsey will receive 95% of the remuneration. The rest of the 5% will go to the Valuables platform (the online marketplace auctioning the tweet).

On the other hand, the buyer of the tweet will get proof of ownership. He will receive a signed and verified digital certificate by Jack Dorsey along with metadata of the tweet.

Snowball Effect:

Analysts believe that a new trend of selling tweets and online posts will start following the initiative of Jack Dorsey.

Earlier this month, a digital artist Beeple received $69M for his piece. Essentially, we are ushering into an era of digital collectable.

Recent News

crypto market

Dogecoin is Everywhere on Dogeday

People bought dogecoin as a joke They are now getting returns in both hands Dogecoin is consistently on the rise ahead of Dogeday  Dogecoin is everywhere, thanks to the

crypto market

Britcoin: UK Government Considers Launching Digital Currencies

UK government is exploring the arena of digital currencies The country is considering the launch of digital currency, which the chancellor of the exchequer touted as

crypto market

What Stands in the Way of Crypto Mainstreaming?

Coinbase listing had all the vibes of crypto mainstreaming However, the ground reality suggests that crypto has a long way to go for solidifying its position as a mainstream

crypto market

Bitcoin Market Went From 59,000 to 52,000 in Minutes

Bitcoin market nosedived on April 18th after news of hash rate crash and rumour of  US treasury's impending action against financial institutions involved in money laundering

Let's Chat
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest